Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend



I am so lucky to get to be a Mother! Especially to my two girls. I adore them and am borderline obsessed with them. I don't like to be away from them but I do enjoy my time away. Make sense? They make me happier than I've ever been but they also make me crazier than I've ever been. I love the quote "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it". And some days it is definitely not easy. But every night when I check on them before I go to bed I know it's all worth it. Nobody loves me like my girls do. It's unconditional. I can yell and be so upset with them but they still want ME. They are so precious. 
When I really take the time to sit and think about what my responsibilities to these girls really are it is overwhelming and I fear I'm not doing a very good job. I want them to always know how much I love them. I want them to be confident in who they are. I want them to have a close relationship with each other. I want them to always be close to their Daddy. But I mostly want them to have a close relationship with their Heavenly Father. I always want them to feel of his love for them. They are both so smart and so strong. When Bella says her prayers there have been a few times that she has said "thank you for me to be me". I love that she says that. And I love that she loves who she is. Because she is such a good girl. 

Thank you sweet girls for making me a Mother! 

Now on to the weekend:
I wanted to start a new tradition of getting pedicures with my girls for Mother's Day.
Since Bella is 4 I felt like she would be able to sit long enough to get one and really enjoy it. 
When Lyla is 4 we will start taking her with us. 
Bella loved it! She did so great and thought it was so fun! 
Getting ready. A little nervous but excited.
She sat so still and enjoyed watching the girl work on her toes.
We love being pampered!
The end result. Beautiful toes and feet! 
I love our one on one time! 

 I told Eric that what I wanted for Mother's Day was to take Bella to get a pedicure with me and to get some flowers so I could plant my pots in the front of the house. So that's what I did and it was perfect. I think the baskets turned out really good. I was nervous to do them myself. My Mom usually helps me. And she is the master of flowers so hers are always gorgeous. I'm just happy to have some color out front now!


On Sunday I woke up to these beauties. Two dozen red roses! 

And Eric made us breakfast and cleaned up the downstairs while I got ready for church. It was perfect! 
He really steps up his game on Mother's Day!! I love him! I appreciate all he does for our little family. And I know he appreciates me! 



After church we went to the Lewis' for Dinner. They made a really yummy dinner and I made a really yummy dessert! It was a great Mother's Day! 



And last but not least I want to wish a very happy Mother's Day to my MOM. 
Mama, you are the best! I have more and more love and respect for your with every passing year. You are amazing. You are always loving and caring for everyone. I love that you work so hard to make every holiday or occasion so special and memorable. Or even if it's just a weekend that we get to see you, it's always special. I love that you go the extra mile to make everything beautiful. I love that you love having your kids and grand kids around whenever possible. I love that you are always creating special memories with all of us. But most of all I love that I chose you to be my mom! 
I love you, mama!! 



Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there. It's a hard job and you are all amazing! 

6 comments:

Rachel B said...

i like! the pedicure thing is a good idea. your flowers look amaze and the dessert pizza looks delish. way to go, happy mothers to you my sista

Mimi said...

Oh Requel, you always make me cry. You are my sweetie! You are a great little Mommy, I love all the memories you are making with Bella and Lyla. They are very blessed to have you. I love your flowers, you did a great job. I think I will copy your idea. I love you my sweet girl!

The Sutherland Family said...

That fruit pizza looks so good! Glad you had a good mothers day

J♥M said...

What a fun Mother's Day!!! Everything looks so beautiful and yummy!!!

Jessica, Kalae and Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica, Kalae and Lily said...

Great post! I love the pedicure idea. I may have to steal that from you THREE years from now :) Glad you had a good mothers day.