Oh my goodness....yes...we had an earthquake. So scary!! I woke up a little after 1 a.m to our bed shaking like crazy. At first I thought someone was in our house for some reason. I think I was having a bad dream. I do that often. It felt like someone was shaking me like you would shake a person to get them to wake up. Then I realized what was going on. Eric jumped up went in the hallway then looked out the window and I asked if it was just nasty outside he said no. Then I said "did we really just have an earthquake?" Yes, that just happened. It was a 2.9 magnitude earthquake. I would really hate to feel what a larger magnitude feels like. Because this was scary enough. I'm terrified of bad weather especially the wind. So I just laid there paralyzed in our bed from all the shaking. So Eric went to check on Bella, she slept right through it. I guess there has been 3 other earthquakes in Utah in the last month. That is scary to me. Is this the lead up of what's to come? Wow, I really need to make sure we are prepared and have everything that we would need in a true disaster. Anyway happy to say we all survived our first earthquake.
4 comments:
We have survived! I hope we don't experience something worse either! I was like you, totally having a bad dream, mine was about the missing mom in West Valley and Elizabeth Smart and wasn't convinced til I saw at 1:30 am online that it was an earthquake that no one was in my house! I'm taking a nap today. Couldn't sleep the rest of the night!
Ha! Wasn't that crazy? I knew it was an earthquake right away but I'm with you on getting more prepared for a real disaster.
Lee grew up in Cali so he knew it was an earthquake but I was still rattled and had a hard time falling back to sleep too! It is a good wake up call to get things in order!
I didn't know Utah had earthquakes, those are the worst! They freak me out.
Post a Comment