Christmas was so much fun this year. Bella was so excited and wanted to do some kind of Christmas craft almost daily. I'll have to post some pictures of some things we did. However, I think the excitement was getting to her because 2 days before Christmas, Santa's elf helpers came and took all the presents from under our tree because Santa could see my sweet little girls were not being so sweet. I was running out of punishments. And I had to come good on some threats! Luckily they straightened up and Santa brought back all the presents and more in time for Christmas!
We had a family party filled weekend. Friday night we had dinner at the Greats house with Eric's family. Saturday was the Lewis family Christmas party with all the Aunts and Uncles and Cousins. And Sunday was Christmas! I love Christmas. We stay home in our comfy clothes all day and play with all the new toys and eat delicious food. Later in the afternoon the Grandparents and Austin and Blake of course, come over for a while to give gifts and see what the girls got from Santa.
This Christmas was awesome. The weather was amazing. There was no snow and it was like 50 degrees outside. My kind of Christmas! The girls were totally spoiled this year. It looks like they got so much stuff. I didn't feel like I had that much for them. Then you add in presents from all the Grandparents and it's just crazy. However, this year they both got a lot of books and puzzles and learning games/activities. Which I love. I love useful gifts. I also love the fun toys that they can get so excited over. Bella actually got the most excited over her books. Go figure. Bella was awesome this year. She was so excited over everything. Jaw dropping excited. It was the best! And sweet crazy Lyla was just happy walking around with her yogurt melts snacks and occasionally stopping to open some of her gifts. Eric and I were pretty spoiled too. I think we got each other the best surprise gifts this year. We love Christmas and the fun and excitement it brings. But it's a lot of work being the parents (especially the mom). I know I create all the hard work but I love things to look pretty and to eat yummy food and I love creating awesome memories for my family so it's worth it. But tomorrow I will start working on taking all the Christmas stuff down and start decorating my new house!
 |
| Me and my precious babies on Christmas Eve |
 |
| Lyla hamming it up |
 |
| Opening presents at the Christmas Eve party. Shirley and everyone else always makes it so nice. |
 |
| This is Shirley, the hostess sporting her white elephant gift. Awesome! |
 |
| Reading Christmas stories and drinking hot chocolate with the girls before bed on Christmas Eve |
 |
| Santa came! |
 |
| So excited about everything |
 |
| Lyla finally got her own little chair |
 |
| The classic sit by all your presents photo |
 |
| Daddy's turn |
 |
| and Bella |
 |
| and baby love |
I don't know why these pictures aren't turned right side up. So annoying.
 |
| This was our Christmas breakfast, french toast made with chunky cinnamon bread from Kneaders, bacon, eggs and OJ...so good |
 |
| And Bella riding her new bike. She is such a cautious little thing but she got the hang of it and was doing really well. |
 |
| She is pouting about something I just thought it was so cute and it shows our house. |
 |
| And this was dinner, prime rib, twice baked potatoes, corn and rolls...also delicious! |
 |
| The girls opening more presents from Grandma and Grandpa Lewis |
 |
Showing everyone her doctor dress ups.
Merry Christmas!!! |
3 comments:
Such a beautiful season, not to mention the weather. The best is having these precious little girls around. Skyping with Jarom Erica and seeing precious little Fae play around, made it extra special. Now getting excited for you and the girls next week. The best birthday gift ever! Love you!
Having two girls is so much fun!!! They are adorable!!! I hope I get to meet them someday. :) ~Jeffi
Yay for a Happy Christmas!!! Kamarie says hi! We miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment