Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tomorrow's a BIG day

We are taking Bella to Primary Children's tomorrow afternoon for some more tests. Hopefully these tests will tell us something and be the end of testing for our poor little babe.

The test she will be getting are:

A Renal Ultrasound that is where the kidneys are examined to determine their size, shape and exact position.


A VCUG (Voiding Cysto-ure-thro-gram) that is a test recommended for
children who have a history of UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections),
or who have had problems with voiding. This test is used to
look at the healthy functioning of the bladder.

Since all of the other test they did on her a couple of weeks ago came back normal. The Dr. wants us to have these test done to make sure her bladder and kidneys are functioning how they should. I hope it's nothing serious but at the same time I hope it will tell us something so at least we have an answer.

I feel so bad for her. She has no idea what's coming. The VCUG test does not sound pleasant. She hates it when I wipe her little potty so she's really not going to be happy when random strangers go sticking foreign objects up there. Poor thing. I'm glad we are going to Primary Children's though. They have a lot of experience with these tests and with children so hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm imagining.

I'll keep ya posted.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

J♥M said...

I'm glad you're going there where they are better with children! One of mine had the VCUG, but at AF hospital. It wasn't cool! Take a tissue, it's sad! I hope that it all goes well. She'll be ready to be loved and loved! I hope you get some easily fixable answers soon! A blessing before all this may be helpful. I wish you guys the best!

The Sutherland Family said...

Good Luck! Poor girl, hopefully this will be the last few test she has to do and the last time she has to go to a hospital for a very long time! Keep us posted..

Nick and Val said...

We'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow! I hope everything is well and that they find out what is wrong.

Jaron and Amy said...

Good luck! We'll keep her in our prayers.

7packofbearss said...

the ultrasound is fast and easy not so much for the VCUG. They are not very fun. Hopefully Bella will do well and it will be quick. Good luck.